Welcome to Merced County Courthouse Museum
Our museum houses 8500 square feet of exhibits, both permanent and rotating, which depict the history of Merced County as well as the settlers of the Great Central Valley. We are located in the county's three-story courthouse built in 1875, one of the oldest historical buildings in California. On the National Register of Historic Places, the architectural style of the building is Italianate, designed by State Capital Architect, Albert A. Bennett. Our museum is staffed by volunteers who devote their time into preserving and passing on the history of this great land to generations to come.